Antique Georgian Emerald Diamond Cluster Ring 2ct Emerald Dated 1828
A magnificent antique Georgian cluster ring beautifully preserved from the early 19th Century. It’s built around a gorgeous green step cut emerald claw set in the centre (approx. 2ct) framed by fourteen twinkling diamonds, with three more chasing down each shoulder (approx. 0.95ct total).
The Romans considered the Emerald to be the sacred stone of the goddess Venus and it was said to preserve love and provide hope. Its natural green colouring also makes it a stone of springtime and is associated with eternal love and faithfulness making it the perfect choice for an engagement ring.
The piece is crafted in 18ct gold and is ornately decorated, with engraved foliate shoulder accents. It’s complete with clear London hallmarks within, dating the piece to 1828 and is engraved with a loving inscription behind the face that reads: “M.J.D – From – F.E.D – July 1899”.
It’s rare to find Georgian pieces of this quality and in such excellent condition. It was clearly very beloved, a symbol of love and devotion for over 100 years, ready now for its story to continue.
We recommend you insure for £4,300. We can provide a written Valuation on completion of the sale.
WEIGHT: 5.6 grams
MEASURES: Size O ½ (UK), 7 ½ (US) - Can be sized, we offer this service for free, it takes approx. 1-2 weeks to complete.
FACE MEASURES: Height 11mm x Width 13mm x Depth 5mm
METAL: 18ct Gold (Stamped)
STONES: Emerald (8 x 6mm, approx. 2ct), Diamonds (approx. 0.05ct each – 0.95ct total)
AGE: Georgian. (Dated 1828)
MARKS: London hallmarks, 18ct stamp, Maker’s mark (F.D.)
ITEM NUMBER: AJ745
We provide Free Worldwide Shipping for this item. Interest Free Layaway and Finance Payment Options are also available. Please enquire for more details.